People traveling to Washington don’t travel there just for its history. The culinary scene in Washington is robust. It is one of the nation’s top dining destinations. The overwhelming number of choices is bound to leave many confused. Here are the top picks of restaurants located in northern Washington.
Angel of the Winds casino resort: In the mood for traditional buffet, mouth-watering steaks, Southeast Asian food, kickass burgers or local whiskey? You’ll find all of these in the restaurants here. Also isn’t it double the fun when food meets casino?
Beth’s Cafe: The place is famous especially for breakfast with giant omelets where you have to choose between 6 and 12 eggs, pancakes, biscuits, waffles, hash browns, third-pound burgers, home-made desserts, etc.
Beecher’s handmade cheese: If your stops include Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, savor their mac and cheese and penne pasta.
Salty’s: It is popular among locals and tourists for its brunches. The brunch buffet is extensive and includes local seafood, crab legs, prawns, salt-crusted salmon, variety of pasta, cheesy bacon hash browns, and smoked mousse.
A la mode: Their 9-inch pies look and taste equally great. The pies are mostly made from locally sourced organic fruits.
Sam’s Tavern: Head here for lip-smacking burgers. The chain which was initially named Red Robin has been around the 1940s and still maintains a great reputation.
Iconic foods in Washington:
Every place has some iconic foods that are associated with the region. The following local foods aren’t to be missed.
- Theo Chocolate: It is the nation’s first chocolate shop to be certified as fair-trade. Their organic chocolates would leave you wanting for more.
- Rainier cherries: Are you a cherry lover? This local hybrid is so much better than other regular cherries. It gets the name from Mount Rainier.
- Tim’s Cascade potato chips: Available in 3 flavors – Original, Jalapeno, Sea Salt & Vinegar, these chips have won dozens of taste awards.
Lychee salad at Rose’s Luxury:
- The menu of the restaurant keeps changing. The one constant item in their menu is their delicious lychee salad.
- Khachapuri at Compass Rose: Pair this cheese-filled bread boat with Georgian wines for a complete culinary treat.
- Smokehouse Fish Board at Ivy City Smokehouse: It comes with 5 different fishes and 2 bagels.
Washington has emerged as a top city for food tourism and we aren’t surprised. The next time you visit Washington, treat yourself to the best food the place offers.