In the recent years, consumption of duck meat is increasing because of many reasons. Duck meat or duck contains unsaturated fat, protein, and other nutritional values such as selenium, niacin, and iron. Also, duck meat will have strong flavor than turkey and chicken
At Lac Brome Lake, you can find naturally raised, fresh easy-to-cook duck meat including whole duck, boneless duck breast, duck legs confit, and more at affordable price to prepare a variety of dishes quickly. Also, they offer various duck recipes for everyday meals and special occasions.
Duck offers high fat, iron, and moderate protein level than other meats. Here are few reasons that help you to understand why you need to add duck meat in your food frequently.
- Calories – 119 kcal
- Protein – 23.5g
- Sugars -0
- Fat – 2g
- Carbohydrates – 0g
Benefits of eating duck
- Duck offers good content of amino acid and neurotransmitter glycine that improves sleep quality, promotes skin health, heals wounds, and increases lifespan.
- As duck offers protein content that plays a key role in human body by repairing and building cells, enhancing immune system, improves bone strength and health of nails, hair, and skin, and so on.
- Also, it offers zinc and selenium, which encourages cellular metabolism, fights inflammation, and prevents cell damage.
- It is a great source of B vitamin that helps to convert food into energy, plays active role in the functioning of immune system, produces red blood cells and DNA.
- It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that prevent cardiovascular risks. Duck is not only healthy but also rich in taste as well.
Flavorful substitute for butter and oil
Like olive oil, duck fat will also have low saturated fat. This makes it a healthy choice for diet conscious people. You can use it to cook eggs, grease pan, or fry potatoes, and even in making cakes, sauces instead of using pork fat, beef fat, or butter.
Duck meat is easy to use
To cook duck recipes you don’t require any formal training, you can make different type of recipes easily to satisfy your food cravings from confit lemon pasta to traditional duck rillettes, from lasagna to roast ducks, savory soups, anything for any occasion.
Duck offers many nutritional benefits along with a delicious taste, but you have to check duck origin while purchasing it to make it a healthy pick. Choose the best duck meat seller, order duck, and try to add duck for your diet.